Today: Rep. Rutledge, EMU Pres. Susan Martin, Washtenaw Sheriff Jerry Clayton to announce major community safety initiative
by Geoff Larcom, Published July 08, 2014
Media Advisory -- TODAY
Rep. David E. Rutledge and civic leaders to announce major community safety initiative for Ypsilanti area/eastern Washtenaw County today at 10:30 a.m.
The press conference will take place at the SPARK East Business Incubator
in Ypsilanti. Rep Rutledge and area leaders will discuss the new initiative, followed by a Q&A and time for individual interviews.
Speakers will include:
- Rep. David E. Rutledge
- Washtenaw Sheriff Jerry Clayton
- Eastern Michigan University President Susan Martin
- Ypsilanti Police Chief Tony DeGiusti
- Ypsilanti Mayor Pro-Tem Lois Richardson
- Ypsilanti Twp. Supervisor Brenda Stumbo
- Eastern Michigan University Police Chief Bob Heighes
- Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority Chief Executive Officer Michael Ford
The SPARK East Business Incubator is located at 215 W. Michigan Avenue, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
. There is parking on the street and in the downtown area.
Contact: Emily Arents, Chief of Staff, Office of David E. Rutledge, 517.373.1771