Incoming Exchange Students
Interested in coming to Eastern Michigan University from your country for an exchange program? We would love to have you come and experience the United States for yourself.
The first step is to contact your advisor at your home institution. Then follow the instructions below and submit all materials by October 15 for the winter semester or May 15 for fall. Application fee not required.
Michigan Guest Application [PDF]
J-1 Financial Statement [PDF]
Please include with application:
- Academic transcript (informal/unofficial transcript is okay)
- Copy of photo page of passport
- List of classes desired (first choices and second choices). Find courses here.
- Note: Please include the CRN (5-digit) number for each class selected. The normal course load for undergraduates is four to five classes (100-499 level), 12-15 credits total.
- The minimum course load for international students for visa purposes is 12 credits.
- University Information (number of students, institutional values, etc.)
- Office of International Students
- Class Schedule Book
- Grading System, Academic Policies and Degree Programs
- Location information
Application documents should be sent to:
Study Abroad Advisor
Eastern Michigan University
Academic Programs Abroad
103 Boone Hall
Ypsilanti, MI 48197 USA
+1.734.487.0312 | Fax: +1.734.487.4377