Alumni Association Duties of the Board
The 24 member Alumni Association Board of Directors is the governing body of the Alumni Association. Board members are responsible for:
- Maintaining an active membership with the Alumni Association
- Donating to the University
- Promoting membership in the Alumni Association
- Representing Eastern Michigan University in a positive way
- Attending all regular board meetings each year
- Actively participate as a member of one of the board committees:
- Public Relations
- Merchandising (ad hoc)
- Attending alumni events related to Homecoming especially the Teaching Excellence Awards and the Alumni Awards Dinner.
Requirements of an Alumni Association Board Member:
- Participate in four (4) Saturday board meetings.
- Participate in three (3) Alumni Association or Foundation events a year.
- Make a financial contribution of $125 per year (minimum) to the EMU Foundation to a program or cause of your choice. A $25 credit will be applied if the Director has an EMU license plate.
We are currently no longer taking nomination forms for the Alumni Association Board of Directors. But if you are interested in getting involved, or have any further questions, please contact the Office for Alumni Relations at 734-487-0250 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Elections are held at a Board of Directors meeting in April.