Alumni Association Duties of the Board
The 24 member Alumni Association Board of Directors is the governing body of the Alumni Association. Board members are responsible for:
- Maintaining an active membership with the Alumni Association
- Donating to the University
- Promoting membership in the Alumni Association
- Representing Eastern Michigan University in a positive way
- Attending all regular board meetings each year
- Actively participate as a member of one of the board committees:
- Public Relations
- Merchandising (ad hoc)
- Attending alumni events related to Homecoming especially the Teaching Excellence Awards and the Alumni Awards Dinner.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Board of Directors, please contact the Office for Alumni Relations at 734/487-0250 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can submit the online nomination form.
Elections are held at a Board of Directors meeting in April.