Alumni Group Sponsorship Program
FUNDING GUIDELINES & PROCEDURE
Funds for the sponsorship program are limited, please be aware that a maximum request does not guarantee that amount, and that all requests may not be fulfilled. The Alumni Association Chapters Committee is the sole determiner of the availability of funding for the sponsorship program.
- A total of $7,500 in sponsorship money is available each fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
- The maximum request for a Chapter is $1,000.
- Chapters are able to apply for the maximum amount in one request or multiple smaller requests.
- Smaller requests should each be made separately, with a separate application form.
- Alumni Association name or logo placement/recognition at event.
- Chapter must provide Office for Alumni Relations with guest/attendee list for alumni contact information.
- Chapter must provide photos of event. Submit via email or post to Eastern Michigan University Alumni Facebook or Twitter pages.
**All University funding procedures must be followed.
Examples of sponsorship requests not funded by the Alumni Association include:
- Events, programs and marketing that are in direct conflict with the EMU Alumni Association.
- Events solely funded by Alumni Association sponsorship.
- Tailgates at football games where the Alumni Association already hosts a tailgate – chapters or networks can reserve seating in the Alumni Association tailgate tent.
- Grants submitted by a campus department without the chapter’s support.
Examples of sponsorship requests funded by the Alumni Association include:
- Conferences (i.e. printing, giveaways, food, venue)
- Award programs or ceremonies (i.e. awards, signage, printing, venue)
- Fundraiser/Philanthropic Event (i.e. printing, venue, entertainment)
- Networking Social (i.e. renal fees)
- Membership drives (i.e. postage)
- Equipment for recurring use (i.e. banners, tents, tablecloth)
- Graduation events (i.e. cake, giveaway, food, venue)
- Complete the online Sponsorship Application at least six weeks prior to the date the funds will be needed.
- Include itemized event budget and invoice for items/service. Example Event Budget
- The Office for Alumni Relations will forward the request to the Alumni Association Chapters Committee for review.
- The Office for Alumni Relations will notify the applicant within 7-10 days of the grant’s 1) approval, 2) denial or 3) need for revision.
- The Office for Alumni Relations will work directly with the chapter or network to determine the proper method of payment.
2017-2018 SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION (July 1, 2017-June 30, 2018)