Eastern Michigan University
Aviation logo
direct edit

Scholarships, Grants and Financial Aid

Financial aid is available for Eastern Michigan University students enrolled at least half time.  Financial aid includes, loans, scholarships, and grants. Eastern Michigan University and Eagle Flight Centre are approved by the Federal Government's Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Program, which allows students who qualify to use financial assistance for flight training. 

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required for federal financial aid programs which include: Pell Grant, SEOG, Direct Subsidized Loan, Direct Unsubsidized Loan, and College Work Study. To apply for aid please visit: fafsa.gov

For more information about financial aid please visit: emich.edu/finaid

Private Loans
In the event that you have exhausted your federal aid, private loans are available. Private Loans are credit-based student loans offered by a number of educational loan companies. For more information on private loans you may visit emich.edu/finaid/loans/private.php

Ohio State residents automatically receive resident tuition rates.

In addition to collegiate scholarships there are aviation-related scholarships offered by a variety of organizations.

VA Benefits

Eagle Flight Centre is approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs to use your benefits to help pay for flight training as well as other costs associated with attending Eastern Michigan University. 

Please contact the Veteran's Services Department, 734.487.3119, Military and Veterans Resource Center and the Eagle Flight Centre, 734.481.3000, before you begin flight training if you intend to use your veteran's benefits.

Certification of benefits can take several months, so it is important to submit forms to the VA as soon as you decide to begin training. Applying for your benefits checklist

The VA requires Veterans to complete training using the Eagle Flight Centre Part 141 training syllabus and to obtain a second class medical certificate prior to training. Please Note: The VA requires a second class medical, we suggest obtaining a first class medical to make sure you will be able to meet the medical requirements for the airline transport pilot certificate. 

Aviation is part of the College of Technology, 109 Sill Hall, 734.487.0354