News, Events & Seminars
EMU PRE-VET CLUB is presenting a finals week "Stress-Relief Pet a Puppy" event. Tuesday, April 21, 2015 from 11a-3p. Rock Garden area of Mark Jefferson (basement).
There are no upcoming events at this time.
The Department of Biology recognizes the concomitant importance of breadth of knowledge, specialization, and the scientific skills and attitudes associated with finding and using new knowledge.
To this end, the department:
- provides students a well-balanced academic program at the baccalaureate and master's degree levels;
- functions as a scholarly unit promoting faculty and student research, and
- serves as a resource for biological expertise, to the university and larger community.
More specifically, the goals of the department are:
- to provide the highest quality educational experience possible to undergraduate and graduate students within Biology majors and minors, and to students enrolled in service courses used in other programs;
- to create a learning environment that integrates research concepts with inquiry-driven pedagogy, to strengthen the involvement in research by our faculty (as measured by increased productivity of publications, funding success, presentations, and graduate student research); and
- to provide meaningful service to the EMU academic community, to the disciplines of our faculty, to the broader scientific community, and to the local and regional communities.