We are currently gathering alumni stories. If you haven't been in contact with the Biology Department recently, please email Dr. Daniel Clemans at firstname.lastname@example.org or any member of the faculty and staff and let us know where you are and what you have been up to. We would appreciate your permission to post your current career information on this page so that our current students can learn about career possibilities in the biological sciences from your experiences.
Where They are Now
- Kristie Mitchell, BS '08, MS '11, is currently a first-year PhD student in the Department of Immunology and Microbiology at Wayne State University.
- Saedeh Sepehri, MS '11, is currently co-founder of DeNovo Sciences.
- Adnan Syed, BS '10, is currently a second-year PhD student in the Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology Department at the University of Michigan.
- Cody T. Williams, MS '11, is currently a PhD student at the Mallinson Institute for Science Education at Western Michigan University.
- Andrea Benedict, BS '05, completed the PhD in pharmacology at Johns Hopkins University and is now research coordinator of spinal cord injury treatment at Kennedy Krieger Institute in Baltimore. She will return to EMU's Biology Department to present a seminar on November 28, 2012.
- Priya Gogoi, MS '09, is currently co-founder of DeNovo Sciences.
- Susan McMahon MS '07, is currently a Biological Laboratory Technician and Team Leader at USDA APHIS working on stopping the Emerald Ash Borer.
- Brigitte Neuman, BS '04, is currently a Quality Supervisor at Reforma Group and Tutor with the Huntington Learning Center.
- Brian M. Ohsowski, BS '04, MS '08, is currently a PhD Candidate at the University of British Columbia - Okanagan in Kelowna, B.C, Canada. He is studying the restoration of grasslands with mycorrhizal inoculum and soil amendments in post-mine sand pits. Website: www.ohsowski-ecology.com
- Lalita Patel, BS '08, recently completed her MS at Michigan State University and is preparing to apply to pharmacy school.
- Nicole Renaud, BS '08, is currently a Doctoral Candidate in the Human and Statistical Genetics program at Washington University in St. Louis studying the genomic regulatory architecture of regenerating vestibular hair cells.
- Erik Rowley, BS '08, is currently a PhD student at Oregon State University and will be relocating to St Louis MO this summer to continue his research and degree at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center.
- Megan Serpa, BS '08, completed an MS at Brown University and is currently a Scientific Associate II in Ophthalmology Pharmacology at Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA
- Sarah Whorley, MS '08, is currently a PhD Candidate at Fordham University where she keeps a blog on life in graduate school.
- Melody Neely, BS '94, is currently Associate Professor of Immunology and Microbiology at Wayne State University Medical School.
- Dr. Stefan Schnitzer, MS '95, is currently Associate Professor, Department of Biological Sciences at University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee studying liana ecology.