Eastern Michigan University
The CATE Lab provides the following services:
- Initial technology evaluations, including a survey of the user's current limitations, assessment of the required tasks to be performed and recommendation of adaptive technological solutions.
- Individualized training on adaptive equipment.
- Exam accommodation facilities for those unable to take tests in the classroom.
- Technology evaluations for funding agencies.
- Vocational technology evaluations.
- Resource-finding and referrals.
- Converting documents into alternate formats, including text-to-speech, computer disk, Braille and large print.
- Adaptive technology evaluations for EMU employees (available upon request).