The University Writing Center Online (UWCO) provides writing support to students who are enrolled in fully-online programs.
Students in supported programs can submit their papers online and receive suggestions and focused strategies for development and revision, but please understand that we are not a proofreading or editing service.
- UWCO submission policies
The UWCO supports the following fully-online programs:
- Aging Studies - Dementia Certificate
- Dietetics and Human Nutrition
- Educational Assessment
- Educational Leadership K-12 Administration
- Educational Media and Technology
- Educational Psychology
- Engineering Management
- Human Resource Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Learning Technology and Design and Online Teaching
- Nursing Major – RN/BSN Completion
- Post-Master's K-12 Basic Administration Certificate
- Quality Management
- Social Foundations of Education - Ecojustice Concentration
- Technology Management
How to Submit a Paper
The University Writing Center offers online consultations through Canvas. All eligible students, will have a University Writing Center Online course shell loaded into their Canvas portal.
Submitting writing for an online consultation through Canvas is easy:
- Complete a Google form to provide information about you and your assignment.
- Submit your writing (up to 5 pages or 1,500 words—once per week, per student) Upload the file with your writing, as well as any other relevant files (e.g. assignment instructions or rubric, etc.) that may be helpful for your writing consultation.
- You will be sent a notification (typically within 12 hours) that we've received your submission.
- You will be notified via email when your feedback is available.
- After you have reviewed the writing consultant's feedback, please complete our brief survey about your consultation experience.
A writing consultant will respond with comments according to the following time frames:
- Within 24–48 hours for papers submitted Monday through Thursday
- Within 24–72 hours for papers submitted Friday through Sunday
UWCO Policies and Guidelines
By using the UWCO, you agree to the following policies and guidelines:
- We can only accept papers (or portions of a paper) up to five pages in length (i.e. 1,500 words).
- We cannot respond to writers whose deadlines fall within the allowed turnaround time (i.e. 48 or 72 hours).
- Fill out the submission form carefully and completely. Submissions with incomplete forms will be returned.
- We can only accept one paper from a student per week.
- Please limit your areas of concern to 2–3 primary concerns. We will spend approximately one hour commenting on your paper, and cannot comment on everything.
- We are not a proofreading or editing service. We concentrate our comments on providing focused strategies for development and revision.
- Due to staffing limitations, we must reserve the option to reduce or restrict the availability of this service at any time.