- Grades Served: K-8
- Number of Students: 275
- Features: This school focuses on general education core curriculum with outdoor science, environmental education and art programs.
Ann Arbor Learning Community
The Ann Arbor Learning Community (AALC) is a public charter school authorized by Eastern Michigan University. AALC first enrolled students in fall of 1998. Enrollment is open to all Michigan students in grades K-8.
Ann Arbor Learning Community is a progressive, innovative school that encourages personalized learning relationships between children, their families and their teachers.
Ann Arbor Learning Community offers:
- Strong core curriculum – language arts, mathematics, science and social studies
- Art, physical education and music for all students
- Class size of about 20 students
- Multi-grade classrooms
- Certificated educators
- Individualized instruction
- Student-influenced learning experiences
The major themes are:
- Outdoor/Environmental Education
- Performing Arts
Our main themes and their emphasis in the core curriculum create well-rounded students, enhance students' self-assurance through the performing arts, and encourage a healthy student environment.