- Grades Served: K-8
- Number of Students: 167
- Features: This school focuses on providing personalized strategies for improving the student's growth academically while integrating character lessons that will serve them well in life.
Great Lakes Academy
Great Lakes Academy which opened its doors in 1997 serves approximately 170 students in grades K-8.
The school's programming is built around the shared vision of educating children in a safe and nurturing environment and Great Lakes Academy's mission to teach students the academic and character skills necessary to be lifelong learners in a competitive world.
Great Lakes Academy is committed to "Closing the Opportunity Gap" by providing coherence to its learning practices and programs. Great Lakes Academy also offers:
- All Day Kindergarten
- NO Tuition
- FREE Breakfast
- FREE Lunch
- Grades K-8
- Small Class Sizes
- Dedicated and Highly-Qualified Staff
- Atlas Rubicon Curriculum
- Enrichment opportunities that foster self-reliance, teamwork and creativity
- Personalized strategies for achieving high expectations
- Mentoring programs
- Charlotte Danielson's Framework for Teaching