M.S.N. - Eastern Michigan University
B.S.N. - University of Michigan
B.A. - Siena Hieghts College
A.S. - Washtenaw Community College
- Undergraduate Teaching:
- Medical Surgical Nursing - Level IV, Pathophysiology, Essentials of Professional Nursing Practice I & II, Introduction to Professional Nursing, Interdisciplinary: Aging to Infancy.
- Graduate Teaching:
- Specialty Areas:
- Medical Surgical/Intensive Care
- Nursing Practice:
- ICU-RN/Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
Selected Presentations and/or Publications
- Brooks, J., Poretta-Fox, D., Okagbue-Reaves, J., & Lukomski, A. (2009). Best Practices for an Interdisciplinary Team-Taught Course. Educational Gerontolgy 35(9), 818-830.
Fox, D. P., (2008). Poster Presentation. Implementation of Interdisciplinary Thinking: Creating the Experience in a Prerequisite Baccalaureate Course for Nursing Intent Students. Drexel University Nursing Education Institute. Atlantic City, New Jersey
Fox, D., Brooks, J., Francis-Connoly, E., and Schuster, E.(2005). Poster Presentation: Lessons learned from teaching an interdisciplinary course on aging. The 58 th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Gerontological Society of America Annual Meeting. Orlando, Florida.
Fox, D. P. (2005).Poster Presentation: Partnering with clinical Nursing Students as a new approach to conducting the Medical-Surgical Clinical. National League for Nursing Education Summit. Baltimore, Maryland.
Fox, D. P. (2005). Paper Presentation: Measuring Confidence in Critical Thinking Ability and Perceived Self-Efficacy in Nursing Students: The Relationship. Midwest Nursing Research Society 29th Annual Research Conference Advancing the Clinical Research Enterprise: Translation and Dissemination Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Cincinnati, Ohio.
Fox, D. P. (2005). Oral Presentation: Partnering with clinical Nursing Students as a new approach to conducting the Medical-Surgical Clinical. Michigan Academy of Science, Arts, and Letters. Ypsilanti, Michigan.
Invited Professional Presentations
Fox, D.P., Ajrouch, K.J., (2007). A Retrospective View of Human Growth and Development: Aging to Infancy. PAIN: Life Interrupted: When Pain Intrudes. Presented by Michigan State University Nursing, University of Michigan Nursing, St. Joseph Mercy Health System Nursing, Henry Ford Hospital Nursing. Plymouth, Michigan.
Fox, Diane P. & Nelson, S., (2008). eFellows Program Technovision Presentation. Using Web-based, Instant Feedback, Multi-Modal Learning Systems/Approaches to Foster Pre-class Readiness and Active Student Participation: Faculty-Instructional Technologists in Collaboration.
- Brooks, J., Porretta-Fox, D., Francis, E., and Okagbue-Reaves, J. (2009). The Healthcare Team: Modeling Through Interdisciplinary Teaching. Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (SOTL): Taking a Closer Look. (The First SOTL Academy Conference held at Eastern Michigan University).
Certifications and Licenses:
- National Asthma Educator Certification Board, Certified Asthma Educator (AE-C)
- National League for Nursing Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist/Neonatal Pediatric Specialist - RRT-NPS
- Adult Health Nursing
- 2005 Eastern Michigan University Community College Leadership - Post Graduate Certificate
- 2005 Eastern Michigan University Educational Leadership Doctoral Cohort