PhD - Capella University
MSN - Eastern Michigan University
MA - Elementary, Eastern Michigan University
MA - Educational Leadership, Eastern Michigan University
MA Special Education, Eastern Michigan University
BSN - Lourdes University
BS - Education, Eastern Michigan University
ADN - Owens Community College
Selected Presentations and/or Publications
Newberry, G. & Slack, J. (2015). Research Poster Presentation. Who Cares for the Caring? Interdisciplinary Debriefing Adds Pastoral Care to Simulation. National League of Nursing Educational Summit Conference-Las Vegas, Nevada, October 1-2, 2015.
Newberry, G. (2015). Oral Research Presentation. Students’ Perceptions of Simulation Education. Ohio Nurses Association Biennial Convention 2015, Columbus, Ohio, October 9, 2015. Newberry, G. (2014). A Literature Review of Teaching Strategies in Simulation Education. Michigan Academy of Science, Arts, & Letters. Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan.
Newberry, G. (2014). Capella University-PhD in Nursing Education. Dissertation- Students’ Experiences with Simulation Education. (Published 2014).
- Slack, J., & Newberry, G. (2014). Poster Presentation. If at First You Don’t Succeed, Try, Try Again: Deliberate Practice in a Concept Based Simulation for Cognitive Skill Acquisition. National League of Nursing/ Elsevier Technology Conference-Nashville, Tennessee, October 24-26, 2014.
Medical/ Surgical, ICU Stepdown, Pediatrics, Gerontology, and Hospice
License and Certificates
- Michigan and Ohio RN license
- ACLS Certification
- Michigan Highly Qualified Teaching Certificate K-12 Education
- Graduate Certificate in Teaching in the Health Care System
- ProMedica Nursing Excellence Award
- Dundee Community Schools Teaching Excellence Award
- Eastern Michigan University Student Success Award
- National League of Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau, International Honor Society of Nursing
- Ohio Nursing Association
- Michigan Nursing Association
- Nursing Service Association
- Michigan Academy of Science, Arts, & Letters