Ph.D. - University of Michigan (2006)
M.S., Parent-Child Nursing - University of Michigan (1995)
B.S.N. - Eastern Michigan University (1985)
B.S., Physical Education - University of Michigan (1973)
Selected Presentations and/or Publications
Hines, Sandra H., Seng, Julia, S., Messer, Kassandra L., Ragunathan, T.E. Diokno, Ananias, C., Sampselle, Carolyn M. (2007). Adherence to a Behavioral Program to Prevent Incontinence. Western Journal of Nursing Research. 29(1):36-64.
Hines, Sandra H., Sampselle, Carolyn, M., Ronis, David., Yeo, SeonAe, Fredricson, Barbara L., Boyd, Carol L. (2007). Women's self-care agency to manage urinary incontinence: The impact of nursing agency and body experience. Advances in Nursing Science, 30(2): 175-88.
- Messer, Kassandra L., Hines, Sandra H., Raghunathan, Trivellore E., Seng, Julia S., Diokno, Anaias C., Sampselle, Carolyn M. (2007) Self-efficacy as a predictor to PFMT adherence in prevention of urinary incontinence clinical trial. Health Education and Behavior.
- Sampselle, Carolyn M., Messer, Kassandra L., Seng, Julia, S., Raghunathan, Trivellore E., Hines, Sandra H., Diokna, Ananias, C. (2005) Learning outcomes of a group bahavioral modification program to prevent urinary incontinence. International Urogynecology Journal, 16(6):441-6.
- Diokno, A.C., Sampselle, C.M., Herzog, A.R., Raghunathan, T.E., Hines, S., Messer, K.L., Karl, C. & Letie, M.C.A. (2004) Prevention of urinary incontinence by behavioral modification program: A randomized controlled trial among older women in the community. Journal of Urology, 171:1165-71.
- Sampselle, C.M., Hines, S. (1999) Spontaneous pushing during birth: relationship to peineal outcomes. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 44(1)36-9.
Hines, Sandra H. (2006) Bathroom break: Calm your busy bladder. In Every Women: Your prescription for healthy living. New York: Healthspring Communication, Inc.
Hines, S. H. & Sampselle, C.M. (2003). That Sudden Urge: Bladder Strategies for Staying Dry and Leak-Free. In AWHONN, Every Woman: The Essential Guide for Health Living (pp.222-227)
Hines, S. H., Sampselle, C.M. (2002). Bladder basics: Strategies for staying dry and leak-free. In AWHONN, Every Women: The Essential Guide for Health Living(pp.156-161)
Hines, Sandra H. & Miller, Janis M. (2006) Urinary Incontinence. In K.D. Schuiling & F.E. Likis (Eds.) Women's Gynecologic Health. Boston:Jones and Bartlett.
- Sampselle, C.M., Hines, S. H. (1999). Pelvic Floor Exercise. In Bulchek, G.M. McCloskey, J.C. (Ed), Nursing Interventions: Effective Nursing Treatments (Third Edition) (pp 75-87). Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Co.
- Nurse Practitioner Specialty Certification
- National Certification Corporation (NCC) - Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing - Eta Rho Chapter
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
- Michigan Nurses Association (MNA)
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA)
- Health Touch International, Inc.
- National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health (NPWH)
- Midwest Nursing Research Society (MNRS)
- Society of Urologic Nurses Association (SUNA)