Post-Doctoral Fellowship - University of Michigan (2004)
Ph.D. - University of Michigan (1999)
M.S.N. - University of Michigan (1995)
B.S.N. - National Yang-Ming Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan (1992)
- Nursing Research
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Proposal Development
- Health Disparities in Underserved Populations
Selected Presentations and/or Publications
Wu, T.Y., Scheffer, B., Lee C. (2012). Using focus groups to understand breast cancer screening beliefs and behaviors among. Asian Indian women. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice. In press.
Wu, TY., Chung S., Yeh M.C. , Chang S.C., Hsieh H.F., Ha S.J. (2012). Understanding Breast Cancer Screening Practices from Taiwan: A Country with Universal Health Care. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Control. In press.
- *Wu, T.Y., Fox, D.F., Stokes, C., Adam, C. (In Press). Work-related stress and intention to quit in newly graduated nurses. Nurses Education Today. Available online 8 October 2011.
- *Wu, T.Y., Wang, J., Chung, S. (2011, Aug 30) Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors and Diabetes in Asian Indians Residing in Michigan. Journal of Community Health, [Epub ahead of print]
- *Wu, T.Y., Hsieh, H.F., Wang, J., Lan, Y., Oakley, D. (2011). Ethnicity and Cardiovascular Risk Factors among Asian Americans Residing in Michigan. Journal of Community Health, DOI:10.1007/s10900-011-9379-1.
- *Wu, T.Y., Robbins, L.B., & Hsieh, H.F. (2011). Instrument development and validation of Perceived Physical Activity Self-Efficacy Scale for adolescents. Research and theory for nursing practice, 25(1):39-54.
- *Wu, T.Y., Hsieh, H.F.,Wang, J., Yao, L., Oakley, D. (2011). Ethnicity and Cardiovascular Risk Factors Among Asian Americans Residing in Michigan. Journal of Community Health, DOI:10.1007/s10900-011-9379-1.
- *Wu, T.Y., Kao, J.Y., Hsieh, H.F., et al. (2010). Effective Colorectal Cancer Education for Asian Americans: A Michigan program. Journal of Cancer Education, DOI10.1007/s13187-009-0009-x.
- *Wu, T.Y., Hsieh, H.F., Brady, W. (2009). Correlates of Recent and Regular Mammography Screening among Asian American Women. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 65, 2434-2446.
- *Wu, T.Y., Hsieh, H.F., Brady, W. (2009). Stages of Mammography Adoption in Asian American Women. Health Education Research, 24(5):748-759.
- *Robbins, L.B., Sikorskii, A, Hamel, L.M., Wu, T.Y., Wilbur J. (2009). Gender comparisons of perceived benefits of and barriers to physical activity in middle school youth. Research in Nursing and Health, 32, 163-176.
- *Wu, T.Y., Hsieh, H.F., Brady, W. (2008). Demographics and Perceptions of Barriers toward Breast Cancer Screening Among Asian-American Women. Women & Health, 48 (3), 261 - 281.
- 1*Robbins, L.B., Wu, T.Y., Sikorskii, A, Morley, B. (2008). Psychometric assessment of the adolescent physical activity perceived benefits of and barriers scales. Journal of Nursing Measurement, 16, 98-112.
- *Wu, T.Y., & Brady, W. (2007). Mammography Stage of Adoption and Decision Balance among Asian Indian and Filipino American Women. Cancer Nursing, 30, 390-8.
- *Wu, T.Y., & Bancroft, J.M. (2006). Filipino American women's perceptions and experiences with breast cancer screening. Oncology Nursing Forum, 33, E72-78.
- *Wu, T.Y., Brady, W., Chen, Y.W., & Hergert, C. (2006). Health beliefs and practices related to breast cancer screening in Filipino, Chinese, and Asian Indian women. Cancer Detection and Prevention, 30, 58-66.
- *Wu, T.Y., Rose, S., & Bancroft, J.M. (2006) Gender differences in health risk behaviors and physical activity among middle school students. Journal of School Nursing, 22, 25-31.
- *Wu, T.Y., & Pender N. (2005). A panel study of physical activity among Taiwanese youth: testing the revised health promotion model. Family and Community Health, 28, 113-124.
Wu, T.Y., Guthrie, B.J., & Bancroft, J.M. (2005). An integrative review on breast cancer screening practice and correlates among Chinese, Korean, Filipino, and Asian American women. Health Care for Women International, 26, 225-246.
- *Wu, T.Y., & Jwo, J.L. (2005). A prospective study on changes of cognitions, interpersonal influences and physical activity in Taiwanese youth. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sports, 76, 1-10.
- *Yu, M.Y., Wu, T.Y., & Mood, D.W. (2005). Cultural affiliation and mammography screening of Chinese women in an urban county of Michigan. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 16, 106-117.
- *Yu, M.Y., & Wu, T.Y. (2005). Factors influencing mammography screening of Chinese American women. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 34, 386-394.
- *Wu, T.Y., Pender, N., & Noureddine, S. (2003). Gender differences in the psychosocial and cognitive correlates of physical activity among Taiwanese adolescents: a structural equation modeling Approach. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 10, 93-105.
- *Wu, T.Y., & Yu, M.Y. (2003). Reliability and validity of mammography screening beliefs questionnaire in Chinese American women. Cancer Nursing, 26, 131-142.
- *Wu, T.Y., Ronis, D., Pender, N., & Jwo, J.L. (2002). Development of an instrument to measure physical activity cognitions among Taiwanese adolescents. Preventive Medicine, 35, 54-64.
- *Wu, T.Y., & Pender, N. (2002). Determinants of physical activity among Taiwanese adolescents: an application of the Health Promotion Model. Research in Nursing and Health, 25, 25-36.
Wu, T.Y., Pender, N., & Yang, K.P. (2002). Promoting physical activity among Taiwanese and American adolescents. Journal of Nursing Research, 10, 57-64.
- *Wu, T.Y., Jwo, J.L., & Fong, M.L. (2001). Analysis of Taiwanese adolescents' physical activity and its association with cognitive variables and interpersonal influences, Journal of Physical Education in Higher Education, 3(1), 39-52.
- *Wu, T.Y., & Daniel, L. (2001). The Growth of Chinese infants in the first year of life. MCN: the American journal of maternal/child nursing, 26, 202-207.
Wu, T.Y., & Jwo, J.L. (1999). Application of the Health Promotion Model in physical activity among Taiwanese. Journal of Chinese Physical Education, 45, 51-62.
*indicates databased and peer-reviewed; rest are peer-reviewed
- 2010 - Present: Women & Health
- 2007 - Present: BMC Women's Health
- 2007 - Present: Western Journal of Nursing Research
- 2007 - Present: Health Education & Research
- 2006 - Present: American Journal of Family Medicine
- 2006 - Present: American Journal of Health Behavior
- 2006 - Present: Health Policy
- 2006 - Present: Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health
- 2006 - Present: Public Health Nursing
- 2005 - Present: Cancer Nursing
- 2005- Present: Cancer Prevention and Detection
- 2005 - Present: Research and Theory in Nursing Practice International Journal
Awards and Appointments:
- 2009 - Present: Commissioner, Michigan Asian Pacific American Affairs Commission
- 2009 - Present: Chair, Community Outreach Committee of Oncology Nursing Society Ann Arbor Chapter
- 2008 - Present: Appointed Member, Michigan Cancer Consortium Colorectal Cancer Advisory Committee
- 2008 - Present: Appointed Member, Michigan CDSMP-Personal Action toward Health (PATH) Steering Committee
- 2007 - 2009: Appointed Member, Advisory Council for Asian Pacific American Affairs, State of Michigan
- 2007 - Present: Appointed Member, Asian American & Pacific Islander National Advisory Council, Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- 2004: Everett L. Marshall Faculty Award for Excellencein Scholarship, Eastern Michigan University
- 2001, 2003: Josephine Nevins Keal Professional Development Fellowship, Eastern Michigan University
- 2000, 2002, 2003: Faculty Research and Creative Activity Fellowship, Eastern Michigan University
- 2000: Graduate Research Award, Midwest Nursing Research Society
- 1999, 2000, 2002: Graduate School Research Support Fund, Eastern Michigan University