Scholarships & Financial Aid
The on-line scholarship application form is now available. Please note that all applications must be completed on or before March 30, 2014.
Norma Jean & Ardenne Anderson Endowed Scholarship
- Junior or Senior in the Nursing Program.
- Recipients should have a B or better average.
- Recipients should have financial need as determined by the department.
Mary Lanoff Nursing Scholarship
- Nursing major.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA. Junior or Senior.
Iris McSurely Memorial Scholarship
- In need of financial assistance to complete program.
- Student entering senior level of nursing courses with a strong desire to complete program.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 to be considered. Of qualified applicants, parents will be given preference.
- Selected by a committee with both nursing faculty and financial aid representation.
- Money could be spent, as the recipient desired.
Milton M. Ratner Endowed Scholarship
- Support students enrolled in the nursing program.
- Awards based on combination of merit and need.
- May be received by the same student for a maximum of 4 years.
- Satisfactory academic performance.
Beyer Memorial Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship
- Student accepted into Nursing program.
- Student majoring in nursing.
- Minimum of 2.75 GPA.
- Can be awarded 5 consecutive (beginning with fall) semesters if student maintains satisfactory academic performance.
- Financial need as determined by the Nursing Department.
- Students must demonstrate good moral character with personality and temperament suited to nursing.
- Minimum award of $400 per term for five consecutive semesters for a total of $2000.
- Award can be increased as additional funds become available.
Jo Ann Naida Endowed Scholarship in Nursing
- Student majoring in Nursing.
- GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Recipient must currently live in Monroe County Michigan.
John and Dorothy Glush Endowed Scholarship
- This scholarship is to provide tuition support to incoming freshman who plans to study Nursing, Social Work and any other area of the Health Services.
- Preferences will be given to students pursuing a Nursing degree.
- Recipient must be a resident of Southeast Michigan.
- Preference will be given to a graduate of Cass Tech High School.
- Student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
Nurse Faculty Loan Program
- Be a U.S. citizen or national of the U.S.
- Be a student in good standing in the MSN-Teaching Concentration program at the school.
- Have no judgment liens entered against him/her based on the default on a Federal debt, 28 U.S.C. 3201 (e).
View additional information and download an application.
College of Health and Human Services Scholarships
Dr. Everett & Mrs. Helen Marshall Endowed Scholarship
- Undergraduate student majoring in disciplines within the College of Health and Human Services.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
Blue Care Network of SE Michigan / Wade McCree Scholarship
- 3.0 high school GPA and 2.5 EMU GPA Average.
- Students must come from the Detroit Public Schools or other urban public school system.
- All the rest of the criteria would fall under the Wade McCree criteria.
Maxine & Donald Barr
Any student in good standing within the College of Health and Human Services.
John & Lois Porter CHHS Presidential Departmental
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Junior or senior student majoring in one of the health disciplines in the College of Health and Human Services.
- Financial need.
- Selection based on scholarly performance and leadership potential.
Flossie Harris Whyte "21" Scholarship
Academically qualified and needy junior or senior enrolled in the following courses:
- Health Administration,
- Medical Technology,
- Nuclear Medicine Technology,
- Nursing, or
- Occupational Therapy.
Dr. Maurice & Virginia Landers
Must be a CHHS Major.