Scholarships & Financial Aid
The CampusRN Scholarship application is due by May 1st of each year.
Healthcare Leaders Scholarship
The Healthcare Leaders Scholarship is being offered by Nurse.org. The award is $1,000.00 and the deadline is May 17th.
Nursing Education Scholarship
The Nursing Education Scholarship is offered by TravelNursing.org. The award is $1,000.00 and the deadline is May 17th.
Nurse Faculty Loan Program
- Be a U.S. citizen or national of the U.S.
- Be a student in good standing in the MSN-Teaching Concentration program at the school.
- Have no judgment liens entered against him/her based on the default on a Federal debt, 28 U.S.C. 3201 (e).
- View additional information via pdf file.
The College of Health and Human Services' online scholarship application is now open. The deadline to apply has been extended until March 23, 2017. Students will be notified on or about July 15, 2017 regarding their applications. The School of Nursing application is here.
Norma Jean & Ardenne Anderson Endowed Scholarship ($878.00 awarded in 2015)
- Junior or Senior in the Nursing Program.
- Recipients should have a B or better average.
- Recipients should have financial need as determined by the department.
Branson-Hillegas Endowed Scholarship
- Nursing undergraduate or BSN completion student in good academic standing.
- Student with financial need determined by the office of Financial Aid.
- Must be a parent.
Michael J. Desmarais Expendable Scholarship
- First year Nursing student.
- In good academic standing
- Actively involved in community work
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities and good moral character.
- Must be a member of the National Student Nurses Association.
- Involved in Knights of Columbus or any type of charity work.
- Submit a 250-500 word essay, including:
- Commitment to nursing profession.
- Commitment to community as a whole.
- Past Experiences.
- Future goals.
Mary Lanoff Nursing Scholarship ($1,371.00 awarded in 2015)
- Nursing major.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA. Junior or Senior.
Marianne G. Lapshan Memorial Scholarship
- A student in the RN to BSN nursing program.
- A student with financial need determined by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Preference given to a student who plans to work in the Gerontology or Oncology unit after graduation.
Iris McSurely Memorial Scholarship ($431.00 awarded in 2015)
- In need of financial assistance to complete program.
- Student entering senior level of nursing courses with a strong desire to complete program.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 to be considered. Of qualified applicants, parents will be given preference.
- Selected by a committee with both nursing faculty and financial aid representation.
- Money could be spent, as the recipient desired.
Milton M. Ratner Endowed Scholarship ($3,716 awarded in 2015)
- Support students enrolled in the nursing program.
- Awards based on combination of merit and need.
- May be received by the same student for a maximum of 4 years.
- Satisfactory academic performance.
Beyer Memorial Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship ($1,289 awarded in 2015)
- Student accepted into Nursing program.
- Student majoring in nursing.
- Minimum of 2.75 GPA.
- Can be awarded 5 consecutive (beginning with fall) semesters if student maintains satisfactory academic performance.
- Financial need as determined by the Nursing Department.
- Students must demonstrate good moral character with personality and temperament suited to nursing.
- Minimum award of $400 per term for five consecutive semesters for a total of $2000.
- Award can be increased as additional funds become available.
Jo Ann Naida Endowed Scholarship in Nursing ($465.00 awarded in 2015)
- Student majoring in Nursing.
- GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Recipient must currently live in Monroe County Michigan.
Nursing Expendable Scholarship
- Student majoring in Nursing.
- In good academic standing.
John and Dorothy Glush Endowed Scholarship
- This scholarship is to provide tuition support to incoming freshman who plans to study Nursing, Social Work and any other area of the Health Services.
- Preferences will be given to students pursuing a Nursing degree.
- Recipient must be a resident of Southeast Michigan.
- Preference will be given to a graduate of Cass Tech High School.
- Student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
Marz RN to BSN Expendable Scholarship
- Student must be enrolled in the RN to BSN program
Barbara K. Scheffer Endowed Scholarship in Nursing ($888.00 awarded in 2015)
- Student in the Nursing Education Ph.D. Program with a 3.5 GPA or higher.
- Experience teaching Nursing for at least 1 year in mental health or community health.
- Commitment to being a nurse educator in an academic setting.
College of Health and Human Services Scholarships
Dr. Everett & Mrs. Helen Marshall Endowed Scholarship
- Undergraduate student majoring in disciplines within the College of Health and Human Services.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
CHHS Annual Scholarship
- College of Health and Human Services Major.
- In good academic standing.
Blue Care Network of SE Michigan / Wade McCree Scholarship
- 3.0 high school GPA and 2.5 EMU GPA Average.
- Students must come from the Detroit Public Schools or other urban public school system.
- All the rest of the criteria would fall under the Wade McCree criteria.
Maxine & Donald Barr
Any student in good standing within the College of Health and Human Services.
John & Lois Porter CHHS Presidential Departmental
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Junior or senior student majoring in one of the health disciplines in the College of Health and Human Services.
- Financial need.
- Selection based on scholarly performance and leadership potential.
Flossie Harris Whyte "21" Scholarship
Academically qualified and needy junior or senior enrolled in the following courses:
- Health Administration,
- Medical Technology,
- Nuclear Medicine Technology,
- Nursing, or
- Occupational Therapy.
Dr. Maurice & Virginia Landers
Must be a CHHS Major.