The scholarship application for the 2016-17 academic year will be open February 1 - March 15, 2016.
Donald Loppnow Endowed Scholarship
- Undergraduate or graduate student.
- Possesses qualities such as: commitment to social work program missions, leadership abilities, and/or outstanding scholarly achievement.
- May consider financial need.
Leroy Watts Endowed Scholarship
Established scholarship in memory of Roy Watts for a student in social work with preference to a BSW candidate with a commitment to human justice, selected per criteria of social work selection committee.
Robert E. Wollack & Family Endowed Scholarship
- Graduate student in Social Work with concentration in adolescents and families.
- Preference given to minority males. 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Financial need.
- Ideal candidate should have professional social work experience and have demonstrated exceptional ability working with male minority adolescents.
Wolverine Human Services
- Undergraduate or graduate.
- Social Work major. At least part-time student.
- Financial need.
- Undergraduate= 3.30 GPA. Graduate= 3.70 GPA.
- Preference given to male, minority students.
- Preference given to Wolverine Human Services: employees or members of their immediate family; students who have accepted an offer of employment or are serving an internship at Wolverine Human Services with intent of employment.
Frederick Lane III Scholarship
- MSW student in the Family & Children's Services concentration
- Student with financial need as demonstrated by a FAFSA on file with EMU's Financial Aid office
- Essay to show creativity and innovation in pursuing social justice for children and families to be reviewed by the Social Work Scholarship Committee
- When there is more than one applicant, the Social Work Scholarship Committee will carefully analyze the student essay to select the most applicable scholarship recipient
Social Work Alumni Association
- A declared 300 Level Social Work student, either MSW or BSW.
- Financial need determined by the Office of Financial Aid.
- GPA minimum 3.25.
- Applicants must submit a written essay that shows demonstrated commitment to serving people consistent with the EMU Social Work mission statement (500 word limit).
College of Health and Human Services Scholarships
Dr. Everett & Mrs. Helen Marshall Endowed Scholarship
- Undergraduate student majoring in disciplines within the College of Health and Human Services.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
CHHS Annual Scholarship
- College of Health and Human Services Major.
- In good academic standing.
Blue Care Network of SE Michigan / Wade McCree Scholarship
- 3.0 high school GPA and 2.5 EMU GPA Average.
- Students must come from the Detroit Public Schools or other urban public school system.
- All the rest of the criteria would fall under the Wade McCree criteria.
Maxine & Donald Barr
Any student in good standing within the College of Health and Human Services.
John & Lois Porter CHHS Presidential Departmental
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Junior or senior student majoring in one of the health disciplines in the College of Health and Human Services.
- Financial need.
- Selection based on scholarly performance and leadership potential.
Flossie Harris Whyte "21" Scholarship
Academically qualified and needy junior or senior enrolled in the following courses:
- Health Administration,
- Medical Technology,
- Nuclear Medicine Technology,
- Nursing, or
- Occupational Therapy.
Dr. Maurice & Virginia Landers
Must be a CHHS Major.