- MFA - Drama and Theatre for the Young, Eastern Michigan University, 2011
- BA - English Literature, Cum Laude, Spring Arbor University, 2006
- American Alliance for Theatre in Education
Representative Courses Taught
- CTAR 124 - Fundamentals of Speech
- CTAR 150 - Introduction to Theatre
- CTAR 222 - Drama and Play in the Human Experience
Emily studied theater performance at Virginia Tech University but completed her undergraduate degree at Spring Arbor University. In addition to teaching at Eastern Michigan University, she is the staff director of theatre at Concordia University where she recently directed productions of The Glass Menagerie and Johnny Pye. She has also directed productions at SAU including The Diviners last spring and performed her one-woman show “Homestays” at the SAU homecoming in 2011. Emily has lead several summer theatre programs for youth at Wild Swan Theatre in Ann Arbor and Saltworks Theatre in Pittsburgh, PA. She also founded youth summer programs at Spring Arbor and Trinity House Theatre in Livonia, MI.