Electronic Media & Film Studies
The Electronic Media and Film Studies program is the place to be if you want a career in:
- video production
What can you expect as a student here?
- a four-year, well-rounded degree program with a strong liberal arts foundation. This is crucial to be successful in the industry is not just about pushing buttons
- a solid grounding in the basics of effective visual and related communication, including courses in electronic media/film theory and history – you'll learn not only how to create, but also why
special topics courses offer unique material that goes beyond our normal curricular offerings including: Writing for Episodic Television, Science Fiction TV Survey, The History of Animation, Advanced Movie Production Workshop, Streaming Media, Web Media and Webcasting Fundamentals
Study Abroad opportunities enhance the student experience and open up the world to study in exciting media centers, like Rome and New York City. Art and Media faculty provide outstanding adventures:
Rome for Film and Italian Culture
The Big Apple for NYC Arts Venture
- personal contact with award-winning instructors who are practicing professionals in the field
- hands-on equipment to enable you to create your own shows and films. Bring your visions to life with:
Eagle Radio, a student-run radio station
- student-produced programs on E- TV, the campus cable system
- remote production HD cameras
- three audio productionsuites
- five digital audio editing suites
- two multi-camera, video production studios
- four digital video editing bays with Final Cut Pro
- Final Cut Express digital video editing
- an internship program that offers real hands-on experience. Our students have interned locally and around the country in broadcasting and on feature films
And you're not just a student at EMU. You're also a writer, director, producer, on-air talent, and all the other jobs that go into making terrific productions.
That's why we say, Get Involved!
Every success story starts somewhere. Yours can start right here, right now, at EMU.