EMU's College of Business (COB) provides an academic learning environment that fosters innovative, applied and global business programs. It supports the economic development of southeastern Michigan by preparing graduates to perform effectively in a "knowledge and information age" business world shaped by a global economy. EMU's COB endeavors to develop business leaders to understand and use innovative approaches to address the forces shaping their environment as they create and manage businesses with the highest ethical standards.
The College focuses first and foremost on teaching and learning. Faculty conduct research primarily applied in nature which supports the overall learning experience. The College values, supports and encourages service to and interaction with the greater community.
- Learning and Opportunity
- The COB employs creative and innovative methods, to ensure the success of each student, faculty member and staff person.
- Students and faculty engage in their disciplines through applied, innovative and supportive learning experiences, research and scholarly experiences.
- The COB is recognized for its strong undergraduate programs and will provide research opportunities, excellent co-curricular programs that support and enhance our talented and diverse student population.
- The COB is recognized for the synergy of theory and application and excellence in its graduate programs.
- Service and Engagement
- The COB provides a model for public engagement by linking students, faculty, staff and alumni with opportunities to produce real-world value and to gain applied experience that enhances learning while addressing community needs.
- The COB supports the economic development of Southeastern Michigan.
- Diversity and Multi-cultural Perspective
- The COB provides a collaborative, welcoming and supportive culture where differing ideas, behaviors and backgrounds contribute to the educational experience that includes a global and multi-cultural perspective enhancing the individual, society and the world.
- At the foundation of the COB is its Ethos Statement signifying its commitment to ethics and values.
- The COB has a strong commitment to international programs and partnerships to promote global interaction and engagement.
- Building for the Future
- The COB will continue to develop and enhance teaching and research support, technology and facilities as the College of Business anticipates stakeholder needs.
- The COB will continue to develop resources to enhance the capacity to achieve our mission, realize our vision and adhere to our values.
- The COB will have a continuing commitment to excellence that places the highest priority on quality teaching and learning, the development of programs built on our unique strengths, a faculty actively engaged in teaching and research and continuous improvement.
- The COB will have an ongoing commitment to continuous improvement and assessment.