Center for Entrepreneurship
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Follow the EMU Center for Entrepreneurship on Facebook!
EMU Elevator Pitch Competition submission deadline is April 3 at
5:00 PM. Please click here for information and to submit your idea.
EMU Elevator Pitch Competition presentation is on April 7 at 9 am.
Please click here to register to attend.
EMU's Center for Entrepreneurship (CFE), established in 1986, supports a strong entrepreneurship curriculum and offers a variety of co-curricular programs. It strives to enhance a culture of entrepreneurship in the EMU community. The CFE supports local entrepreneurship by engaging EMU students and faculty in innovation, business creation and growth in southeast Michigan.
The CFE is mainly engaged in the following areas of curricular and co-curricular programs:
- This includes a major in entrepreneurship for college of business students pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program, a minor in entrepreneurship for students from outside of the college of business, graduate certificate (both face-to-face and completely online format) in entrepreneurship for anyone with a bachelor's degree, and finally, specialization in entrepreneurship is available for Master of Business Administration (MBA) students.
- Skandalaris Business Plan Competition: In its eighth year, University (and high school) students compete in separate categories for a chance at thousands in prize money, with the top three placers presenting their plans at the Sesi Entrepreneurship Conference in February. All EMU students are eligible to compete and we happily accept plans that are part of a group project for class.
- Sesi Entrepreneurship Conference: An annual entrepreneurship conference in February that celebrates entrepreneurship, the event features notable business leaders/entrepreneurs as key note speakers and breakout sessions speakers. The conference is designed to foster an entrepreneurship culture in EMU. Students and instructors from the entire campus are invited to attend our free, flagship event presented by the Center. Our student organization (CEO Club) members take an active part in executing this event that was held February 12, 2016.
- Elevator Pitch Competition: This event is open for all EMU students. Students are invited to take part in this competition. This event takes place at the end of the Winter Semester every year. Traditionally, numerous students from across campus compete in the event. Stay tuned for details on this program. This year's completion is slated for April 14, 2017. Register online.
- MGMT 488: Field Studies in Entrepreneurship: Seniors work with local entrepreneurs. Acts as a catalyst and match small businesses and non-profit organizations with EMU faculty-led teams of advance students who participate in projects as significant parts of their course work. CFE is also involved in the execution of the Field studies in Entrepreneurship course.
- Entrepreneurship Research: CFE promotes entrepreneurship research and offers funding for two faculty-led research projects each year. CFE also organizes an entrepreneurship research brown bag for the entire EMU faculty each year.
- Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (CEO Club): CFE Supports the EMU chapter of the Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization, which maintains an active program of events for students from EMU, as well as area community colleges and high school students. Contact Mr. Len Sholtis, faculty adviser, if you want to learn more about CEO.