The wireless cart holds a total of 17 laptops which are all PCs. In addition it also houses an overhead projector (see System Specifications below.)
- Reminder: The power adapters are permanently attached to the cart, so instructors should make sure nobody attempts to pull them out.
- The instructor should remind students that no food or drinks are allowed while using the laptops.
- The laptops will be fully charged and ready for student use. The laptops will stay charged for up to 3 hours, depending upon the application being used.
- The instructor is responsible to insure all laptops are placed into the cart and returned to the Bonisteel Lab.
- Remind students that they will not be able to save their files on the hard drive. They can either save their files on a flash drive or send their files as an email attachment. If you wish to teach your students how to save documents online, see the following FTP sites for lessons on file transfer:
- In order to reserve the cart, the instructor should sign the calendar located at the Lab's Front Desk. There needs to be at least a 2-hour gap between reservations to allow time for battery charging.
- When reserving, the following information is needed:
- Professor's Name.
- Time & Date of Class.
- Class Location.
|Dell Latitude D820|
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0
- DivX Player
- EMU SSH Suite (included FileZilla)
- Google SketchUp 6
- Gradekeeper 11
- Inspiration 8.0
- InspireData 1.5a
- Internet Explorer
- Kidspiration 3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Office 2007
- QuickTime Player
- SPSS 16.0
- WinZip 11.1
Instructions on How to Use the Projector:
- You must first plug the unit into a wall outlet.
- Connect the projector to a laptop using a display(VGA) cable.
- Press the red power button located on top of the projector.
- You will see a blue screen with “no signal”. Turn on the laptop computer and press Fn+F8.
- To shut down the computer, click: Start -> Shut Down->select Shutdown->ok
- Press the red power button twice on top of the projector to shut down completely.
- Do not unplug until the fan stops.