Associate Professor (Department of Teacher Education)
- Ph.D., University of South Carolina
- M.Ed., University of South Carolina
- M.A., Eastern Michigan University
- A.B., University of Michigan
Interests and Expertise
- Educational Assessment and Evaluation
- Educational Research
- Statistical Applications in Education
- Accreditation and Accountability in Higher Education
Band, J., Quilter, S., & Miller, G. (2002). The influence of music and inductions on mental imagery: Implications for practitioners of guided imagery and music. Journal of the Association for Music and Imagery, 8, 13-34.
Gonzalez, A., Holbein, M., & Quilter, S. (2002). The relationship between high school students' goal orientations and perceptions of parental style. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 27, 450-470.
Quilter, S. (1995). Academic self-concept and the first year college student: A snapshot. Journal of The Freshman Year Experience, 7(1), 39-52.
Quilter, S. (1999). Assessment literacy for teachers: Making a case for the study of test validity. The Teacher Educator, 34(4), 235-243.
Quilter, S., Band, J. P., & Miller, G. M. (1999). Measuring mental imagery with visual analogue scales. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 21(2), 161-172.
Quilter, S., & Chester, C. (2001). The relationship between Web-based conferencing and instructional outcomes. International Journal of Instructional Media, 28(1), 13-22.
Quilter, S., & Gallini, J. K. (2000). Inservice teachers' assessment literacy and attitudes toward assessment. The Teacher Educator, 36(2), 115-131.
Quilter, S., & Weber, R. (2004, April-June). Quality assurance for online teaching in higher education: Considering and identifying best practice in E-learning. International Journal on E-Learning, 3(2), 61-65.
Gonzalez, A., Quilter, S., & Holbein, M. (2001, April). The relationship between high school students' goal orientations and perceptions of parental style. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Seattle.
Quilter, S. (1997, March). Students' choices along the way: Some findings from an integrated curriculum project. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Chicago.
Quilter, S. (2003, April). Knowing and experiencing educational assessment: A survey of inservice teachers. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Chicago.
Quilter, S., & Jose-Kampfner, C. (2003, April). Writing and storytelling in mathematics education: Empowerment for Latino students. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Chicago.
- EDPS 322 - Human Development and Learning
- EDPS 325 - Human Growth and Development
- EDPS 340 - Introduction to Assessment and Evaluation
- EDPS 621 - Statistical Applications in Educational Research
- EDPS 651 - Inferential Statistics
- EDPS 667 - Introduction to Educational Research
- EDPS 677 - Methods in Quantitative Research
- EDST 805 - Quantitative Methods I
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- MidWestern Educational Research Association
- American Educational Research Association
- National Council on Measurement in Education
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- National Academic Advising Association
Licensures and Certifications
- Trustee, Chelsea School District Board of Education, Chelsea, MI, 2017-2022
- Site Visitor, Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation, 2016-
- Board of Examiners, National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education, 2006-2016