NOTE: You do not need to obtain your account until you are required to do so for a class. Your instructor(s) will notify you if LiveText is needed.
This is a two-step process. Step one is getting your LiveText Student Key Code, and step two is using that Key Code to create an account on the LiveText system. The EMU College of Education is making Key Codes available at a substantial discount. Please take a moment to read through the below material. You may also want to visit our LiveText FAQs page, for additional information.
- When you click the link near the bottom of this page, you will be taken to a secure EMU web page, where you will log in with your my.emich username and password, as illustrated here:
- After logging in and reading the information on the first screen, click the "Proceed with Key Assignment" button.
- Next, you will be presented with the screen below. If you have questions about the process, or how the charge will appear on your student bill, please read our FAQ page. If you would like to read the LiveText Terms of Service, please click on the link on the registration page, as shown below.
- Your Student Account at EMU will be charged the appropriate amount, once you click the "Yes, I would like a key" button.
- The next screen will give you your unique LiveText Student Key Code, which you will need to write down, for use when you go on to the LiveText site to create your LiveText account. This Key Code can only be used one time. If you forget your Key Code, or mis-copy it, you can log back into the Key Code web site and retrieve your Key Code information.