EMU student providing speech therapy to a child
A full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services are offered for children and adults of all ages. Services are offered to individuals with:
- Speech, Language, Fluency & Voice Impairments.
- Developmental Language & Cognitive Delays.
- Language & Cognitive Loss Secondary to Brain Injury.
- Acquired Neurogenic Disorders.
- Desire to Improve Pronunciation Secondary to Foreign Accents & Dialects.
- Aural Habilitation & Rehabilitation.
- Hearing Evaluations.
- Hearing Screenings.
- Assessment of Middle Ear Functioning.
- Hearing Aid Evaluation & Fitting.
Speech & Hearing Screening Tests for Prospective Teachers
Speech and hearing screenings are no longer required by the College of Education.
Our Service Providers
Most services are provided by graduate students in the Speech-Language Pathology Program who are completing course requirements to become fully certified Speech-Language Pathologists. These service are provided under the direct supervision of faculty and staff who hold Certificates of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
Our clientele comes from Ypsilanti, Ann Arbor, and surrounding communities as well as EMU students, faculty, and staff.
Availability of Services
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
EMU Students, Faculty, & Staff = No Fee
Non-EMU Clients = Fee based on type of service
John W. Porter Bldg., Ste. 135
Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197
Sheila Bentrum, Speech & Hearing Clinic Coordinator