LiveText is an online set of tools used extensively in higher education. The College of Education uses LiveText to be able to report on student learning for national accreditation purposes, as well as college-level reflection on programs we offer.
Faculty use LiveText for assessment of student learning outcomes and to provide formative feedback to students - both of which are key components in our continuous improvement cycle.
Students use it for online portfolios and for submitting assignments for specific courses. Students are required to both obtain a LiveText Key Code and register an account. Step-by-step instructions are provided below.
NOTE: Beginning this fall, the College of Education will start requiring an add-on to LiveText, called the Field Experience Module (FEM). The LiveText FEM will:
- Allow us to streamline and add structure to field experiences.
- Ensure that each student gets a diversity of placement types as he/she progresses through the program.
- Allow our K-12 partners to more tightly integrate their feedback and assessment of our students within student portfolios and our continuous improvement process.
Who needs to get the FEM version of LiveText?
- Most students with existing LiveText accounts will need to add the FEM feature to their LiveText account.
- Graduate programs not leading to certification, but which use LiveText, such as Counseling (COUN) or Learning Technology and Design (LTEC), will not need to add FEM.
- All new LiveText sales (except as noted above) will include the FEM.
Which version do I purchase?
- If you already have a LiveText account, and expect to complete your student teaching after July 1, 2018: P urchase the FEM add-on.
- If you are in a Graduate program not leading to teacher certification, but which requires LiveText use, and you do not yet have an account: Purchase a LiveText-only account.”
- If you are in an Undergraduate or Graduate program leading to teacher certification: Purchase a LiveText + FEM account.
Is the cost of LiveText at EMU going up?
- For those students buying a new LiveText + FEM account, the price is $105. (Retail = $133)
- The price of a LiveText-only account remains $85. This applies to those programs for which FEM is not needed. (Retail = $113)
- The price of adding FEM to a current LiveText account is $20.
When will I start using the FEM version of LiveText?
- Certain courses will begin using LiveText + FEM, for the Fall 2017 semester. More courses will incorporate the product for the Winter 2018 term, and we expect to fully integrate FEM into LiveText use by the Fall of 2018.
Where can I purchase LiveText, with or without the FEM account?
- You can purchase any of the three versions by following the link in the "Obtain Key Code" section, below.
- The charge will appear on your student eBill.