Eastern Michigan University
College of Education at Eastern Michigan University
Horizontal Spacer
Undergraduate Students
Questions? Email COE the Advising Center at coe_advising@emich.eduOut-of-State Teacher Certification: Arizona

If you hold a Michigan teaching certificate but wish to teach in Arizona, see the Requirements for Reciprocal Provisional Teaching Certificates (pdf) and print the Application for Reciprocal Teaching and Reciprocal Administrative Certificate (pdf).

Return the following to the Arizona Department of Education:

  • Completed application form.
  • Application fee (fees are listed on the application form).
  • Arizona fingerprinting, see Fingerprint Reciprocity for more information.
  • Official EMU transcript.
  • Notarized copy of your Michigan teaching certificate.

Some testing requirements may be met with MTTC tests you've already passed; see Requirements and Comparable Out-of-State Exams for more information. Testing, U.S. Constitution, Arizona Constitution and Structured English Immersion deficiencies must be completed within one year of earning the Reciprocal Teaching Certificate.

College of Education