If you hold a Michigan teaching certificate but wish to teach in Ohio, download an out-of-state license application. Scroll down to Item #3, "Initial License (education program completed outside of Ohio)" and click on "Initial License" to print the application form. Also carefully read the "Instruction Packet for Out-of-State Applicants."
Return the completed application and the following required documents to the Ohio Department of Education (ODE):
- $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Official EMU transcript as well as official transcripts for all other post-secondary institutions attended.
- Copy of Michigan teaching certificate.
- Verification of teaching experience.
- Applicable portions of the NTE/Praxis II based on tables in the "Instruction Packet for Out-of-State Applicants." Have scores sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to ODE.
- ACTFL OPI/WPT testing is required for world language endorsements.
- Have BCI and FBI background check sent electronically to ODE.