- The music teacher candidate documents 100 clock hours of experiences with children in grades K-12.
- At least 50 clock hours must be with a licensed music teacher in an appropriate setting.
- At least one experience needs to be in an urban or multicultural classroom. Teacher candidates should seek as many diverse pre-student teaching field experience placements as possible.
- Clock hours are documented in the log in the Field Experience in Music Education (FEME) workbook.
- As long as it is age-appropriate, and in a teaching/learning context, some field experiences hours can come from religious education, coaching, tutoring, scouting, etc.