Professional Readiness Examination
The Professional Readiness Examination (formerly known as the Basic Skills Test) includes reading, mathematics, and writing assessments. If you are preparing for the test, it is very important you know the test objectives and make sure you are preparing for the questions that match the objectives for the MTTC Professional Readiness Examination. The test objectives and a free study guide are available at the MTTC Web site at http://www.mttc.nesinc.com/MI_PM.asp?t=096.
Following are some other helpful resources:
- MTTC Professional Readiness Examination full length practice test.
- Cliff Notes: Math Review for Standardized Tests.
- Test preparation books like those for the PPST (Pre-Professional Skills Test) Praxis I or GED test prep materials.
- Practice tests at www.learningexpresslibrary.com.
- The Best Teachers' Test Preparation for the MTTC: Basic Skills Test, Elementary Education Test (Research & Education Association, 2006). This book is on reserve at the EMU Halle Library front desk.
Subject Area Tests
A good time to take the MTTC tests is when you have completed 90% of the coursework required for the endorsement you wish to teach.
A free study guide for each subject area test is available at www.mttc.nesinc.com. The study guides include general information, test content objectives, and sample test questions for each of the included test fields.
The Best Teachers' Test Preparation for the MTTC: Basic Skills Test, Elementary Education Test (Research & Education Association, 2006), on reserve at the EMU Halle Library, covers preparation for MTTC #83.
The EMU Halle Library has study guides for several of the MTTC tests. Click here to see what is currently available, or visit the Halle Library for more information.
MTTC offers a full length practice test for MTTC #83 Elementary Education.