Eastern Michigan University
College of Education at Eastern Michigan University
Horizontal Spacer
Undergraduate Students
Questions? Email COE the Advising Center at coe_advising@emich.eduApplying for Graduation/Certification

You must complete two steps to be awarded your teaching certificate.

Step 1: Apply for graduation/certification and pay the application fee during the first two weeks of your final semester of your bachelor's degree or post-baccalaureate certificate program. The application is available through my.emich.edu.

Step 2: After the close of the semester in which you are graduating, and when you meet all certification requirements including student teaching, and have met the Michigan Department of Education CPR/First Aid Requirements, and all required MTTC tests, apply for your teaching certificate through the Michigan Online Educator Certification System (MOECS). MOECS instructions are available to assist you with this process.

College of Education