If you want to become an elementary teacher, there are three major components to the courses that you must take:
- You will complete the Liberal Arts Major in Elementary Education.
- You have a choice of completing either a second major or two minors.
- You will complete your studies with a series of professional education courses, concluding with student teaching.
Choose one of the following elementary education comprehensive majors:
- Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)*
- Integrated Elementary Science
- Language Arts Group
- Mathematics for Elementary Teaching
- Social Studies Group
Or choose Elementary Education program with two minors and select two of the following minors:
- Teaching English as a Second Language Minor (TESOL)
- French Language
- German Language
- Spanish Language
|*||Requires a second semester of student teaching.|