Weiming Group Chengdu High School students
About the Program
- EMU is recruiting 26 qualified Michigan certified teachers to teach subjects in English at Weiming Education Group (WEG) elementary and high schools across China beginning fall 2012.
- Teachers will contract with a Weiming Education Group host school for one academic year, renewable upon mutual agreement from both parties.
- Program Announcement Letter (pdf)
- No Chinese language skill needed.
- Native English speaker.
- Must be Michigan teacher certified.
- Required to sign a contract with the host school.
- Participate in orientation program at EMU.
- Valid passport.
Weiming Group Shenzhen school students
Benefits (through Weiming Education Group)
- $1,000 monthly cash stipend for the first year of contract.
- Health insurance.
- $300 one-time relocation allowance.
- Roundtrip airfare to China provided.
- Apartment style furnished housing provided (w/TV and internet).
- Meals available at school sites.
- Explore China! Travel within the country is very reasonable.
For more information, contact the Office of Urban, Community, and International Outreach at 734.487.1060 or visit them in 104 Porter.
*Please use the Application Packet Checklist as a cover sheet for your application package.