Eastern Michigan University
Saturday, December 21, 2013
- Commencement will be held on December 21, 2013. Graduating students from all five colleges will participate in one ceremony.
- Commencement will be held at the Convocation Center at 2:00 p.m.
Students: don't miss the Grad Fair on December 9 & 10!
- Tickets are required to view the ceremony. Each graduate is allowed six tickets for family and friends. Graduates do not need tickets for themselves.
- Up to four additional tickets may be purchased by graduates between 12/9/13 and 12/17/13 at a cost of $5.00 per ticket. *Subject to availability.
- Seating is on a first come, first served basis. Visitors, including children, must have a ticket for admittance to the arena.
- Doors open at 12:30 p.m. for the afternoon ceremony.
- Accessible seating/access is available, but must be arranged in advance at time of ticket pickup.
- Tickets must be picked up no later than December 17, 2013. For more information on picking up tickets visit here. (Tickets page)
Ride to the door
- Two free shuttle busses are available to pick up graduates and guests in the Convocation Center and Rynearson Stadium parking lots
- Passengers will be dropped off at the front door of the Convocation Center.
- Busses will run from 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Other information, belongings, photography etc.
- No food or beverages will be permitted or provided in the Convocation Center during the Commencement ceremony.
- Graduates: There are no locked facilities for valuables and no extra space, so we ask that you please do not bring coats, purses, or any other personal belongings unless you have a guest who can hold your items throughout the day.
- Photography is allowed during the ceremony, but only from your seat; there will be no access to the stage area during the ceremony. Graduates will exit the Convocation Center directly after the ceremony, so there will be no opportunity for indoor photographs. Professional photographers will photograph the graduates during the ceremony and will provide proofs via email shortly thereafter.
- Following the ceremony, graduates are directed outdoors to greet family and guests. There will be no re-entrance to the Convocation Center after the ceremony ends, with the exception of doctoral students who are returning rented regalia.