Resolve Financial Obligations
- All bills, including library charges, parking fines and health service accounts, must be paid by the close of the current session. If you hold certain student loans, you must arrange for an exit interview with the Student Loan Office, 203 Pierce Hall, 734.487.3335.
- If you need credit transferred to Eastern from another institution to fulfill graduation requirements, you must be certain you transcript will reach the Office of Records and Registration by the close of the current session.
Apply for Graduation
To graduate with a degree or certificate, you must submit a formal application for graduation online via the my.emich student services tab during the semester you'll complete all requirements. Find out more on the Records and Registration site.
Purchase your cap, gown and tassel at the EMU Campus Bookstore in the Student Center. There are 12 sizes of gowns for you to try on in the store. Caps are not sold separately from gowns, but tassels are.
Undergraduate students graduating with honors (3.5 or above cumulative GPA), can pick up a gold tassel at 304 Pierce Hall from Dec. 4–15, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. with a valid photo ID.
Graduating military veterans may pick up an honor cord at the Veteran Services Office in room 202 in Pierce Hall. Bring a copy of your DD 214 if you're not currently using GI Bill benefits or haven't used them in the past few years.
Academic hood colors are assigned according to the college (not department) from which you are graduating:
- White: College of Arts and Sciences
- Drab: College of Business
- Light Blue: College of Education
- Citron: College of Health and Human Services
- Gold: College of Technology
- Purple: All Specialists
- Green: All Doctoral
You have two options for regalia: buy or rent (dates TBA). After the cut-off date for ordering, you'll need to contact the EMU Campus Bookstore directly to determine if an order for an expedited rental gown is possible (these orders are subject to an additional $45 shipping fee).
If you decide to rent, you can return regalia to the faculty robing room immediately after the ceremony (only doctoral students returning regalia may return to the atrium) or within 48 hours to the EMU Campus Bookstore in the Student Center.
Questions? Contact the EMU Campus Bookstore at 734.483.2850.