Inserting a Snippet in a Page in OUCampus
A snippet is reusable content you can quickly place on a page. For example, you can choose a image/text to insert into your page. Before inserting, you can indicate you want to place it on the left of the text and then limit the amount of space it takes up on the page. You would need to complete these steps each time you wanted to insert image with the same configuration on another page. With snippets, the configuration is predetermined, all you need to do is insert the snippet on the page. The Department of Integrated Content must create and add the snippet to OUCampus before it is available for use.
Follow these directions to insert a a snippet in a page in OUCampus:
- From an editable region on the page, click the insert snippet button on the edit toolbar.
- The snippets window is displayed. Click the category field pull-down arrow and select the desired category (e.g., Image) from the list.
- Click the insert button after you select the desired snippet among the snippets available.
- The snippet is inserted in the selected editable region. Using the edit toolbar, make any desired changes to the snippet.
- When you are finished, click the save button on the toolbar.
- The preview page is displayed with the inserted snippet.