If the time sheet or leave report is not approved by the deadline, the hourly employee may not get paid or the salaried employee may not have their exception time recorded. The Approver must approve time by the 11:59pm approval deadlines. Approval deadlines are Tuesday after the pay period ends for time sheets and three (3) business days after the pay period ends for leave reports. See Approver Actions by Status for more information.
Follow these directions to review and approve time:
- Open the Summary page. See Accessing the Summary Page for more information.
- From the Pending section of the Summary page, click the Comments link in the Other Information column.
Note: Review any comments prior to approving time. Approvals can be done on the Summary page without opening and reviewing the time sheet or leave report; however, best practice requires all time sheet and leave report to be reviewed in detail prior to approval.
- Click the employee's name you want to review from the Name and Position column.
Note: While the approval process can be completed from the Summary page without opening and reviewing the time sheet, best practices dictate that all time sheets and leave reports be opened and reviewed for accuracy and completeness by the Approver prior to approving them.
- The Employee Detailed Information page is displayed. Carefully review all details and click the Approve button.
Note: Click the Return for Corrections button if you are requesting the employee make changes to the time sheet or leave report. See Returning Time for Correction
- A Time transaction successfully approved message is displayed. Click the Previous Menu button.
Note: The Summary page is displayed.