Whenever you enter and save new information to your leave report, it is recorded but is not automatically sent to your Approver. When your leave report is ready to submit for approval, it is important for you to carefully review it first to make sure the days, numbers, and earnings codes are all correct. You will not be able to make any changes to the leave report once it is submitted unless your Approver returns it to you
for correction. Leave reports must be submitted by the second business day after the pay period ends.
Follow these directions to submit your leave report:
- Open your time sheet. See Opening Your Time Sheet for more information.
- From the Leave Report page, click the Submit for Approval button.
- The Certification page is displayed. Type your PIN in the PIN field.
Note: This is the equivalent to signing your time sheet; it certifies you approve that the time sheet information is accurate. See Displaying Your EMU (E)ID and PIN for more information.
- Click the Submit button.
- The Leave Report page is displayed with a Your leave report was submitted successfully message.
- A Return Time button is displayed at the bottom of your leave report.
Note: This is a new feature as of July 2010 that allows the employee to return a time sheet or leave report for correction, even after it has been approved. Until the Payroll department has a better understanding of how this feature works and how it fits in the Web Time Entry process, employees should continue to contact their Approver to have their time sheet or leave report returned to them for correction. See Returning Time Sheets and Leave Reports for Correction for more information.
- When you are finished, click the Employee tab to return to the Employee menu.