Overriding a time entry is performed by an Approver to correct a mistake on a time sheet or leave report when an employee cannot make the correction (e.g. not enough time or no internet access). The two most common types of time entry errors are:
- incorrect hours entered into a correct earnings type
- correct hours entered into an incorrect earnings type
Once an employee submits a time sheet or leave report, the status of the document changes to Pending. A time sheet or leave report must have Pending status before an Approver can override a time entry and make a correction to it. All corrections must be completed and time sheets approved before 11:59pm approval deadlines. See Approver Actions by Transaction Status for more information.
Follow these directions to override a time entry:
- Open the Summary page. See Accessing the Summary Page for more information.
- From the Summary page, click the Change Time Record link in the Other Information column for the time sheet or leave report you want to override.
- Make any necessary changes to the hours/time.See Bi-Weekly Employee (Time Sheet)- Adjusting Your Time and Semi-Monthly Employee (Leave Report) - Adjusting Your Time for more information.
- Add a comment to explain the changes you made.See Bi-Weekly Employee (Time Sheet) Leaving a Comment and Semi-Monthly Employee (Leave Report) - Leaving a Comment for more information.
- Click the Approve button.
- A Time transaction successfully approved message is displayed. Click the Previous Menu button.
Note: The Summary page is displayed.