During your review of a time sheet or leave report, you may find entries where changes must be made. It is a best practice to return time sheets or leave reports to the employee for correction and resubmission if there is sufficient time to meet the approval deadline; otherwise you will need to make the change yourself. Regardless of whether you make the change or return it to the employee for correction, you will need to enter a comment.
Follow these directions to return a time sheet or leave report for correction:
- Open the Summary page. See Accessing the Summary Page for more information.
- From the Summary page, click the employee's name you want to work with from the Name, Position, and Department column.
- The employee's time sheet or leave report is displayed. Once you have reviewed the time sheet, add a comment to explain why you are returning the time sheet/leave report for correction.See Bi-Weekly Employee (Time Sheet) Leaving a Comment and Semi-Monthly Employee (Leave Report) - Leaving a Comment for more information.
- The Employee Detailed Information page is displayed. Click the Return for Correction button.
- A Time transaction successfully approved message is displayed. Click the Previous Menu button.
Note: The Summary page is displayed.
- Notify the employee of the change.
Note: There is no automatic notification to the employee of a time sheet or leave report that has been returned for correction. To ensure the employee corrects the time sheet or leave report and resubmits it before the submission deadline, notify the employee directly that you have returned the time sheet or leave report and that it requires their immediate action. Using email could delay this process.