March 28-29, 2017
Instructors: Allen Brown of Ford Motor and Kendall Scott of BASF Coatings
Provide fundamentals of visual color match evaluation and color measurement for industrial color control. Teams use a spectro-photometer and portable Macbeth lighting on projects that demonstrate proper lighting, observer testing, objective terminology for color difference and determination of tolerances. Teams analyze measurement data of the same industrial samples to study correlation of visual to measured results.
Who should attend?
Typical students are lab and quality control technicians, salespeople, marketing specialists, designers, color matchers and production supervisors. Some work in coatings, plastics and textile industries, some in the auto companies and others in companies that produce composite assemblies, especially for the automotive industry.
What you will learn
- Proper lighting, observer testing and color-order systems and metamerism issues.
- Objective visual evaluation of color matches, including determination of tolerances and correct terminology for communicating in a multi-site organization.
- Best color measurement practices in determination of color difference for materials and parts.
- Team focus on achieving objective results
- Visual color match-analysis
- Visual team-application projects
- Material coloring processes
- Student feedback on relevant industry practices
- Color measurement fundamentals
- Team color measurement project
- Optimizing color measurement practices
- Team project and class presentation
Daily Program Schedule
Class times are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day.
Enrollment is limited to 24 participants.
The fee for the 2-day course is $800 which covers a course-book, lunch each day and all class supplies. Lodging and other meals are not included. A certificate of participation is presented to each registrant.
For more information, call Karen Metz at Eastern Michigan University, 734.487.2259, FAX: 734.481.0509 or email@example.com.
Read our registration deadline and withdrawal/cancellation policies*
Click the Register Now to be redirected to the EMU Professional Programs and Training secure registration site and select Polymers and Coatings.
In the event you are unable to participate, substitutions are welcome at any time – just let us know. Please notify us IN WRITING of cancellations and transfers five (5) business days prior to the start date of the seminar in order to avoid a processing fee of $150. You may email our registrar, Karen Metz, at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your cancellation to 734.481.0509. If you do not attend the seminar and do not cancel or transfer prior to the start date, the seminar fee is non-refundable.
Please note that it is our policy to hold all seminars. However, EMU reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any seminar, if necessary, and to substitute presenters. We will gladly issue seminar fee refunds if cancellation is necessary, but we cannot be responsible for any airfare penalties or other travel expenses that may be incurred due to these changes.