Advanced and Emerging Technologies in Polymers and Coatings
April 4-6, 2017
Instructor: Dr. J. Baghdachi, PhD., and industry representatives
The goal of this three-day advanced course is to update attendees on emerging technologies in polymers, coatings and to convey the latest developments demonstrating practical aspects and utility of recent developments and discoveries. Topics discussed include Smart and Multifunctional materials, application of nanotechnology, novel and multifunctional raw materials and coatings, coating design and formulation guidelines, testing and evaluation.
Who should attend?
This advanced course is specifically designed to brief polymers and coating personnel in the latest advances in science and technology of polymers and coatings. It is highly recommended for current paint and coatings personnel, technical managers, new product development formulators and all others who need keep abreast of this dynamic and complex science and technology.
What you will learn
• Recent advances in polymer science
• Applications of nanotechnology
• Formulation and properties of multifunctional raw materials and coatings
• Smart polymers, smart coatings and novel coating formulations
• Advances in product performances evaluation
• Advances in instrumental analysis and characterization
• Product opportunities and Future trends
• Overview of global coatings and paint markets
• Overview of conventional polymers and coatings technologies
• Why multifunctional materials? Function and value
• Types of multi-functional polymeric materials • Advances in polymerization techniques:
-Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization (ATRP) -Nanotechnology: Nano-particles and their utilities -Self-assembled systems -Molecular brushes for coatings • Dendritic and hyperbranched polymers: Applications and properties
• Organic and inorganic nano-particles
• Application of nano-technology
• Stimuli responsive polymers and coatings
• Surface modification technologies
• Responsive pigments and their applications in multifunctional coatings
• Conductive polymers and coatings
• Advances in characterization and instrumental analysis
• Coatings service life predictions
• Smart and multifunctional coatings
• Design and formulation of multifunctional and Smart coatings
- Superhydrophobic/hydrophilic polymers and coatings
-Self-healing polymers and coatings
-Antimicrobial polymers and coatings
• Un-met raw materials and coatings needs?
• Future trends.
Daily Program Schedule
Class times are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day.
Enrollment is limited to 25 participants.
The fee for the 3-day course is $1,250 which covers a course-book, lunch each day and all class supplies. Lodging and other meals are not included. A certificate of participation is presented to each registrant.
For more information, call Karen Metz at Eastern Michigan University, 734.487.2259, FAX: 734.481.0509 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read our registration deadline and withdrawal/cancellation policies*
Click the Register Now to be redirected to the EMU Professional Programs and Training secure registration site and select Polymers and Coatings.
In the event you are unable to participate, substitutions are welcome at any time – just let us know. Please notify us IN WRITING of cancellations and transfers five (5) business days prior to the start date of the seminar in order to avoid a processing fee of $150. You may email our registrar, Karen Metz, at email@example.com or fax your cancellation to 734.481.0509. If you do not attend the seminar and do not cancel or transfer prior to the start date, the seminar fee is non-refundable.
Please note that it is our policy to hold all seminars. However, EMU reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any seminar, if necessary, and to substitute presenters. We will gladly issue seminar fee refunds if cancellation is necessary, but we cannot be responsible for any airfare penalties or other travel expenses that may be incurred due to these changes.