Dr. Pam Becker
School of Technology & Professional Services Management
145 Sill Hall
- Ed.D Educational Leadership; Cognate-Technology Management. Eastern Michigan University
- Master of Liberal Studies (M.L.S.) in Technology; Concentrations-Technology Management & Adult Education. Eastern Michigan University
- Bachelor of Science in Administration with dual majors in Managerial Economics and Finance, and Marketing. University of Michigan-Dearborn
- Associate of Applied Science in General Studies. Washtenaw Community College
Professional SummaryGeneral Motors Corporation
Interests and ExpertiseTechnology Management, Workforce Development, Women in Technology, Online Teaching.
- TM 130: Introduction to Technology Management
- STS 150: Understanding Technology
- TM 212: Management of Technological Change
- TM 311: Information Technology Management and Organizations
- TM 314: Socio-Technical Approach to Process Improvement
- TM 415: Senior Seminar in Technology Management
- TM 387: Technology Management Cooperative Education
- TM 487: Technology Management Cooperative Education
- STS 497: Independent Study
- TM 597: Independent Study
- COT 894: Candidacy Seminar
- Becker, P.R., & Findley, L. (FY 2011). Eastern Michigan University Congressional Priorities-“Working Together: Preparing the Displaced Worker for Employment in the New Economy.
- Downs, G. H., & Becker, P.R. (2011). What Factors Affect Academic Performance in an Online Technology Management Bachelor's Program? Â Published in Proceedings of PICMET 2011: Technology Management in the Energy-Smart World”, Portland Oregon.
- Ballard, J., Becker, P., Boulus, M., Cole, D., Duluca, M., Hansen, M., Nixon, D., Oxley, K., Phelan, D., Quinn, C., Randall, D., Schatzel, K., & Wilbur, K. (November 30, 2010). College and Career Readiness White Paper.
- Becker, P. R., (January 22, 2009). Technology Management Programs: Meeting the Needs of Business and Industry. Presented at Utah Valley University: College of Technology and Computing Lecture Series, Invited Speaker.
- MACRAO Annual Conference, Building an Articulation Agreement, November 4, 2009
- Washtenaw Community College, In-service Session for Faculty on Technology Management, January 7, 2010.
- Washtenaw Community College, faculty presentation, October 1, 2010.
- Becker, P. R. (2007). “A Comparative Analysis of Undergraduate Engineering and Technology Management Education Programs in the United States”. Published in the Proceedings of PICMET 07: Management of Converging Technologies. Portland, Oregon.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Co-author, Project Director, Co-PI, Department of Labor, Employment, and Training Administration Earmark Grant, Workforce Investment: Providing Higher Education for the Displaced Worker, 2009-2012.
- Co-author, Senior Grant Administrator/Technical Advisor for Alternative Fuel Transportation Project. Responsibilities also included Web page design and maintenance, Power Point® presentation design and coordination of training.
- Co-author, Program Coordinator, Grant Administrator and Curriculum Developer of Occupational Health and Safety and Industrial Hygiene Retraining programs for General Motor’s employees slotted for indefinite layoff.
Awards and Patents
- Outstanding Faculty Award, in appreciation of exemplary dedication and service which is beyond the call of duty, Holman Learning Center, March 2009.
- Outstanding Faculty in Classroom Instruction, Holman Learning Center, Division of Enrollment Management, Certificate of Nomination, 2008.
- Outstanding Faculty in a Supporting Role, Holman Learning Center, Division of Enrollment Management, Certificate of Nomination, 2007.
- Lecturers Outstanding Teaching Award, Recipient, 2002-2003.
- EMU Advanced Technology Fellows Program, Recipient, 2001-2002.
- EMU Technology Fellows Program, Recipient, 2000-2001.
- Dedicated Service Award, Master of Liberal Studies, 1998-99.
- Josephine Nevins Keal Development Fund Fellowship, Recipient, 1996-97.
- EEOC Scholarship, Recipient, 1989-90.