Dr. Tareq Khan
Computer Engineering Technology (CET)
School of Engineering Technology
104 Coatings Research Institute
- Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Saskatchewan, Canada, 2014
- M.A.Sc., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Concordia University, Canada, 2007
- B.Sc., Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Islamic University of Technology, Bangladesh, 2003
Interests and Expertise
Embedded Systems targeting Healthcare applications, Smart Home, Internet of Things (IoT), Machine Learning, Capsule Endoscopy, and Image Processing
Computer System Design using HDL, Embedded System, VLSI design, Computer Circuit Simulation, Introduction to Engineering, Circuit Analysis, Applied Circuits, Microelectronics and Computer lab, Signals & System Theory, Communication Systems
[Q#] indicates SJR Quartiles in 2015
- T. H. Khan, S. K. Mohammed, M. S. Imtiaz and K. Wahid, “Color reproduction and processing algorithm based on real-time mapping for endoscopic images,” Springerplus,vol. 5, no. 17, 16 pages, 2016. [Q1]
- T. H. Khan, R. Shrestha, M. S. Imtiaz, and K. Wahid, “Color-reproduction algorithm for transmitting variable video frames and its application to capsule endoscopy,” IET Healthcare Technology Letters, ISSN: 2053-3713, doi:10.1049/htl.2014.0086, 2015.
- T. H. Khan, R. Shrestha, K. Wahid, and P. Babyn, "Design of a smart-device and FPGA based wireless capsule endoscopic system," Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Elsevier, ISSN: 09244247, vol. 221, pp. 77 – 87, 2014. [Q1].
- T. H. Khan, R. Shrestha and K. Wahid, “A modular and programmable development platform for capsule endoscopy system,” Journal of Medical Systems, Springer, ISSN: 0148-5598, vol. 38, issue. 6, article. 57, 2014. [Q2].
- T. H. Khan and K. Wahid, "A portable wireless body sensor data logger and its application in video capsule endoscopy," Microprocessors and Microsystems, Elsevier, ISSN: 0141-9331, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 42 - 52, 2014. [Q3].
- T. H. Khan and K. Wahid, “An advanced physiological data logger for medical imaging applications,” EURASIP Journal on Embedded Systems, Springer, ISSN: 1687-3963, 2012:10, doi:10.1186/1687-3963-2012-10, 2012. [Q4].
- T. H. Khan and K. Wahid, “Low power and low complexity compressor for video capsule endoscopy,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, ISSN: 1051-8215, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 1534-1546, doi: 10.1109/TCSVT.2011.2163985, 2011. [Q1].
- T. H. Khan and K. Wahid, “Universal bridge interface for DVP-compatible image sensors,” Microprocessors and Microsystems, Elsevier, ISSN: 0141-9331, vol. 35, issue. 6, pp. 547-556, 2011. [Q3].
- T. H. Khan and K. Wahid, “A DVP-based bridge architecture to randomly access pixels of high speed image sensors,” EURASIP Journal on Embedded Systems, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, vol. 2011, Article ID 270908, New York, USA, 2011. [Q4]
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Apparatus, methods and systems for randomly accessing pixel data from streaming image sensor data, inventors: T. H. Khan and K. Wahid, US patent no: 8,953,070, issued on Feb 10th, 2015
- Methods and apparatus for image processing in wireless capsule endoscopy, inventors: T. H. Khan and K. Wahid, US patent no: 9,088,716, issued on Jul 21, 2015
Embedded system projects such as designing pre-paid electricity and gas metering system, automatic meter reading (AMR), data acquisition and monitoring systems.
Tareq Khan received his Ph.D. degree from the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of University of Saskatchewan, Canada in 2014. He is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the School of Engineering Technology of Eastern Michigan University, USA. To date, Dr. Khan has authored (and co-authored) 2 books, 1 book chapter, 16 peer-reviewed journals and 22 international conference papers. He currently has 2 US patents granted. In addition to his academic research, he has also industrial experiences on embedded system projects such as designing pre-paid electricity and gas metering system, automatic meter reading (AMR), data acquisition and monitoring systems etc. His research interests include embedded systems targeting healthcare applications, smart home, Internet of Things (IoT), machine learning, capsule endoscopy, and image processing. He is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).