Transfer Students

Transferring to the Program

If you are transferring to Eastern because you want to join the Program, be sure to check out the Admissions webpage. There, you'll find information about the Program's admission process and entry requirements. If you qualify for admission to the Program, then you should contact the University's transfer center once you've decided you want to transfer. The staff in that office specialize in helping to make your transition as quick and hassle-free as possible. You should also contact the Program Coordinator as soon as you are accepted to EMU as a transfer student.

One of the first things you'll want to know is what credits will transfer. If you're transferring from a Michigan community college, the MACRAO Agreement makes transfer of general education credits a snap. The Program has articulation agreements with several area community colleges that govern transfer of general education and Program-specific credits.

If the Program does not have an articulation agreement with your community college, you can check out the University's online list of transferable courses at the Transfer Equivalency page.

The Program has a residency and a transfer credit policy. You can find out about these policies and others under Policies & Procedures.

If you need more information about transferring to the Program, contact the College of Technology Academic Adviser or the Program Coordinator.