The polymers and coatings curriculum is designed to provide the background necessary for graduates for career in the field of Polymers, paints, coatings, plastics, rubber, adhesives, inks etc. Graduates can pursue careers in research and development, technical, manufacturing, sales and marketing, consultancy or can become entrepreneurs with small business in the above mentioned fields. Some of the unique features of this program are :
- 100% placement of graduates Consistent record, campus recruiting
- Starting salary average ~ $45,000 per year.
- Potential employers - world’s largest companies – in and around Michigan (DuPont, DOW, BASF, Ford, GM, Sherwin Williams, Akzo Nobel, Flint Ink…)
- Student financial support opportunities Guaranteed scholarship with GPA of at least 3.00, research assistantships opportunities
- Great learning opportunities – B.S., M.S., Ph.D. small class-sizes faculty with research & industrial & experience. Coop education experience
- Coating Research Institute –Over $ 3.5 M in Research Annually Students involvement in cutting-edge research & development
Laboratories and Equipment
Students have access to well equip laboratories, conveniently located in Sill Hall and CRI. These labs have state-of-the art equipments and regularly updated to keep pace with the changes in technology, education and the demands of industry.
Students transferring from another institution are encouraged to discuss the content of the courses in the major with the program advisor. The Undergraduate transfer center at EMU processes transfer course credits.
For more information contact us.