To provide a high quality undergraduate and graduate level University education that ensures students have the knowledge, skills, and abilities they need to succeed in management and leadership roles in the Hotel and Restaurant industry. The program strives to anticipate and address the educational needs of the Hotel and Restaurant industry and provide opportunities for ongoing professional development and networking.
Hotel Restaurant Management Program Learning Outcomes:
- Develop effective written and oral communication skills needed to be successful in the hospitality business environment.
- Apply classroom theory with practical application in the hospitality industry through targeted work experience related to career objectives.
- Analyze and apply solutions to managerial problems and implement quantitative reasoning concepts and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate core competencies in hotel and restaurant management that includes cost controls, food production, hotel operations, legal aspects, events management, human resource practices, restaurant operations, services marketing, strategic and management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in identifying and solving problems to meet organizational objectives.
The HRM program offers degree in
Accreditation is a status granted to an educational institution or program that has been found to meet or exceed stated standards of educational quality. In the United States, accreditation is voluntarily sought by institutions and programs and is conferred by non-governmental bodies. Accreditation has two fundamental purposes: to validate the quality of the institution or program and to assist in the improvement of the institution or program Hotel & Restaurant Management Program at Eastern Michigan University is the only program in the state of Michigan granted accreditation, 2007 - 2014, (Currently the HRM program is undergoing the accreditation review and expects to be re-accrediated for 2014-2021) by the accrediting commission for the program in hospitality administration . (see press release)