HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY Statistics
- Hospitality is the world's fastest growing industry and will add one new job every 2.5 seconds.
- Figures from the World Travel and Tourism Council have the industry growing at a rate of 23 percent faster than that of the global economy, employing 212 million and earning approximately $3.4 trillion (U.S.) annually.
- The hospitality industry is the nation's #1 employer (after government), 8.1% of all jobs.
- Tourism is the first, second, or third largest employer in 32 states.
- Demand for Restaurant/Food Service Managers expected to increase 21-35% through the year 2010.
- Hotel Managers and Assistant Managers positions are expected to grow 10-20% through the year 2010.
- By the year 2015, employment figures are predicted to reach 493,200 foodservice positions in Michigan and over 11.8 billion in sales.