Welcome to Eastern Michigan University's
New Registration System
EMU Professional Programs and Training has adopted a new registration system for CRI courses. You may click the Register Now button at any time to be redirected to the registration system.
Mission StatementCRI's mission is to be a leading academic-based organization that develops relevant scientific knowledge for understanding and for expanding the science and technology of polymers, coatings, paints, inks, adhesives and related nano-based materials.
CRI was founded in 1985 and performed contract and grant research by the resident faculties. In 1990, Eastern Michigan University obtained a National Science Foundation (NSF) grant to establish a new Industry/University Research Center (I/UCRC) in Coatings. In 1993, the Surface Science Research Center was established.
CRI is dedicated to providing solutions to some of the tough problems facing the coatings industry. The Institute's competencies include:
- Polymer synthesis, modification, characterization and testing.
- Coating formulation, modification and evaluation.
- Fundamental research in material science: polymers, coatings, nanomaterials and technology.
- Raw material evaluation and new product development.
- Problem solving, failure analysis and process improvement.
- Professional development and training in all aspects of coatings and raw materials.
- Product analysis and characterization