Eastern Michigan University
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Mentor IntroductionThe Disability Resource Center (DRC) Mentor Program seeks to unite new DRC student mentees with experienced DRC student mentors who have learned effective ways to talk to professors and coordinate accommodations, etc. on the EMU campus. Students participating in the mentor program can choose to focus on any or all of the following:
- Receiving tips for talking to your professors about your accommodations
- Arranging accommodations – for example, setting up accommodations with the Center for Adaptive Technology Education (CATE) Lab.
- Connecting with other campus resources
- Forming a mentor/mentee relationship
- Learning how to be an active participant in conversations and processes (for example, learning how to talk to others about your disability and what will help you to be successful).
- Transitioning to EMU from high school, from another college, or after being out of school for a lengthy period, etc.
For more information, please contact Megan Zynda at email@example.com or check out the flier and application links to the left.